European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Logo
The ESC Virtual Congress published an update on Saturday on the guidelines of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) for the treatment of heart valve diseases. These recommendations were published simultaneously in the European Heart Journal. In the second post of this recently released series of tips, we highlighted the main features of these updates. Since the publication of the previous version of the recommendations for the treatment of HDV valve disease in 2017, new knowledge has been gained in particular on the following topics
• Non-invasive examinations using 3D-3D echocardiography, Karthik computed tomography (TCC), cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) and biomarkers are playing an increasingly central role.
• New dimensions of the severity of secondary mitral regurgitation (SMR) based on the results of intervention studies.
• New evidence on antithrombotic therapies
• Risk stratification for the moment of intervention
• Current evidence confirms the essential role of the cardiology team in integrating clinical, anatomical, and procedural features beyond conventional scoring and in informing the patient about treatment options.
(i) TAVI versus surgery in low-risk patients with a 2-year follow-up period has led to the need to clarify which patient types should be considered for each intervention method.
(ii) Edge-to-Edge Catheter Repair (TEER) is increasingly used in PMS and evaluated for optimal medical therapy, leading to an update of the recommendation.
The EX- Maharashtra Chief Minister rebuts the Uddav charge because the Central Agencies are being misused. The day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Ud...
New Delhi: The hashtag #ArrestAIIMSCulprits is spreading like wildfire on the trending page of Twitter. A video that consists of mocking Ramayan...