New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation, just a day after India achieved the 100 crore landmark of distributing the covid-19 vaccine after the vaccination inoculation program began in January this year. The PM will address the nation at 10 AM on Friday after his office tweeted that early in the Friday morning. He said that the country’s 1 billion milestone vaccination reflects the “image of New India”. India is the second nation after China to reach this milestone.
PM addresses his nation after India achieved the mark of the distribution of the 1 billion Covid-19 jabs. He even noted that the landmark was achieved in just nine months despite the fact many doubted that it wouldn't be possible for India with such a huge population. Thus this is a huge achievement and even said that this is a picture of “Naya Bharat.” He further mentioned that the CoWin platform that was bought out by the country has now been a central attraction all over the globe. This achievement of the 100 crore vaccine distribution is not just a number but it is a reflection of the unity within the citizens that resulted in such a big achievement.
He even went on to say that, “We used to be dependent on vaccines from abroad. When such a pandemic took over, questions were raised about our ability. People started asking questions about India. The ‘100 crore vaccine’ milestone is the answer to all those criticisms. Today, the world will consider India much safer. The whole world is now realizing India’s might.
Here are some of the highlights while addressing the nation:
1. PM Modi said that just like we wear shoes before stepping out of our houses, we should also wear masks and “make it a habit”
2. He noted that the landmark was achieved in just nine months despite many critics casting doubts on India’s capability India has vaccinated 100 crore people, and that too for free.
3. India's position as a pharma hub will get more acceptance in the world. The vaccine programme shows sabka vikas saba prayaas. Our nation did its duty. 100 crore vaccine jabs is just not a number. It is the reflection of the capacity of this country, this is a new chapter of the country, a country that knows how to achieve huge targets.
4. People said how taali thalli (clapping and clanging utensils to honor frontline health workers) will help eradicate the virus. But it was a reflection of people's participation and capacity. This success reflects the important place of technology that not even big nations have today. Our entire vaccine program is a result of technology. It is science-born, science-driven, and science-based. Science and scientific approaches are at the heart of it.
5. Everyone is comparing India to other countries but remember India's starting point was different. The other countries have always participated in medicine and vaccination for a long time and everyone questioned whether India will be able to do the needful. 100 crore vaccine jabs is an answer to all the questions.
6. Experts are very positive about the Indian economy. There is employment for the young but there are also unicorns that will record capital. From Gati Shakti to new drone rules, the economy will get a boost.
Along with that he even asked and requested all the citizens of the Nation to follow all the rules and take all the precautions to stay healthy and fit, during the festive season. even though the vaccination process has been completed.
The Maharashtra government, on Tuesday, has issued a new set of rules for everyone who would come into its territories from outside, over the ai...
The association of the Karnataka doctors on Sunday went on for a statewide strike from the 29th of November the reason for the strike being the three-...