PM Modi outperforms foreign leaders in the popularity polls, with a 70% approval rate

Indian PM: Narendra Modi

Indian PM: Narendra Modi

According to a Morning Consult poll conducted on September 2nd, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has the highest approval ratings among 13 international leaders. Modi's support ratings soared to 70% on August 31, according to Morning Consult's Political Intelligence unit, putting him ahead of US Vice President Joe Biden and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, among others.

“This makes Prime Minister Modi the world's most popular and accepted leader!" Harsh Goenka, the chairman of RPG Enterprises, took to Twitter.

According to a poll, PM Modi has a 70% approval rating, with Mexico's President Andrés Manuel López Obrador coming in second with 64% and Italy's Prime Minister Mario Draghi coming in third with 63%. With 52%, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is ranked fourth, while US President Joe Biden is ranked fifth with 48%.

PM Modi's disapproval rating peaked in May, when India was confronting a deadly second covid outbreak, according to the Morning Consult graph. PM Modi's approval rating peaked at 84 percent in May 2020, just after India was hit by the epidemic.

 

Here are the ratings of other global leaders

 

Narendra Modi: 70%

López Obrador: 64%

Mario Draghi: 63%

Angela Merkel: 52%

Joe Biden: 48%

Scott Morrison: 48%

Justin Trudeau: 45%

Boris Johnson: 41%

Jair Bolsonaro: 39%

Moon Jae-In: 38%

Pedro Sánchez: 35%

Emanuel Macron: 34%

Yoshihide Suga: 25%

 

The approval ratings of government leaders in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States are tracked by Morning Consult, an American data intelligence organisation.

The ratings are based on a seven-day moving average of adult citizens in each country, according to the intelligence firm.

Source:- Link

More

SPORTS

Virat Kohli

Virat Kohli hilariously mimics Shikhar Dhawan's signature batting posture

Virat Kohli has the ability to fascinate those who watch him in more ways than one. The Indian skipper is known for his performance on the pitch, but...

Fantasy Cricket tips

Fantasy cricket tips for Sri Lanka U-19 vs Bangladesh U-19

Sri Lanka Under-19 will play Bangladesh U19 within the 2d Youth ODI of the five-fit collection at the Rangiri Dambdulla International Stadium at Rangi...

States & UTs

10 disappeared when the boat was in the Ghaghara River at UPs near Lakhimpur Kheri

10 disappeared when the boat was in the Ghaghara River at UPs Lakhimpur Kheri Capsizes

At least ten people were missing after a boat capsized Wednesday in the Ghaghara River near the village of Mirzapur in the Lakhimpur Kheri district of...

NH9 connecting Noida

The NH9 connecting Noida, Gaziabad, and Delhi remains closed for 22 days

Due to the repair work, Carried by the National Highway Authority of India, the vehicles are further permitted to ply from Tigri roundabout to Noida a...

POLITICS

Captain Amarinder Singh

Captain Amarinder Singh ahead of launching a new party, further hopes for a seat pact in the upcoming 2022 Punjab Polls

The former chief minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh has made an announcement that he is abou...

Priyanka Gandhi

"For Girls of UP": Priyanka Gandhi says 40% of the survey candidates will be women

Congress will reserve 40 percent of its tickets for the future elections in Uttar Pradesh for women,...

ENTERTAINMENT

Actress Pooja Bedi

Actress Pooja Bedi tests positive for Covid-19, say ‘I choose to stay unvaccinated’

Bollywood actress Pooja Bedi has been tested positive with Coronavirus. The actress along with her f...

Sardar Udham Movie

‘Sardar Udham’ Review: a portrait of the man with a history and mystery

Director Shoojit Sircar’s Sardar Udham is a biopic that is based on a man of history and myste...

About

The Live Newz is an independent, budding and online news portal that came into existence recently. Our mission is to create and deliver the finest news for the readers. We act as a cutting-edge platform that provides the users with every update on recent happenings. We aspire to be true to the journalistic values and maintain the standard of its excellence by presenting the truth to the readers.