Salman Vs Selmon Bhoi
Selmon Bhoi is a name you may be familiar with. Yes, it's a widespread slang term for Salman Khan memes popularised by troll pages and social media users. In an odd turn of events, it turns out that there is an online mobile game with the same name, and a Mumbai civil court has temporarily blocked access to the game since it is reportedly based on Khan's hit-and-run incident. "Join Selmon Bhoi and his driver on the quest to: Kill." according to the game's description, which is still available on the Play Store.
The order was issued by civil court judge K M Jaiswal on Monday, and a copy was made accessible on Tuesday. The court ordered Parody Studios Pvt Ltd and its directors to refrain from disseminating, launching, re-launching, or replicating the game or any other content connected to the actor.
The court also ordered the game's creators to remove the game from Google Play Store and all other platforms immediately. The court stated, "Upon watching the game and its images, it prima facie matches with the identity of the plaintiff (Khan) and to the hit-and-run case connected to the plaintiff." Khan had never granted his permission for the game, according to the report.
“When the plaintiff has not given his consent for developing of the game, which is very similar to his identity and the case against him, certainly his right to privacy is being deprived and his image is also being tarnished," the order said.
The game makers also utilised Khan's name and notoriety for commercial advantage, according to the court.
Khan had filed a court complaint against the game's producers last month, claiming that the name and photographs presented in the game appeared to be his caricature version.
According to the programme, the game "Selmon Bhoi" is phonetically similar to Khan's popular name among his followers, "Salman Bhai."
The actor's application, filed through law firm DSK Legal, stated, "The game developers intentionally gained commercial advantage by exploiting the personality rights of our client without seeking our client’s consent."
The court ordered the developers to produce an affidavit in response to Khan's plea and set a hearing date for September 20.
Khan was acquitted of all counts in the 2002 hit-and-run case by the Bombay High Court in 2015.
NCB regional director Sameer Wankhede is not targeting Bollywood, his wife Kranti Redkar told India Today on Monday. He also responded to the allegati...
Union Home Secretary Amit Shah, who is on a three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, on Sunday inaugurated a new campus at the Indian Institute of Techno...