A Nihang Sikh in custody, the family of the deceased demanded justice (Image: ZeeNews)
The Haryana Police on Friday detained a person in the Singhu Seema butchery case, a member of the legionnaire Sikh order Nihang' surrendered before the police. The incident came to light on Friday morning when a crippled,semi-naked body was planted hanging upside down from police fences at the kick point of growers on the Delhi-Haryana border. The right leg and left hand of the departed were reattached.
Then is what we know so far
* Nihang Sikh Sarvjit Singh surrendered in front of the police on Friday evening, taking responsibility for the murder. He'll be produced in court on Saturday.
Seeking justice for her family's murder, Lakhbir's family told ANI,". We do not know why he was killed and hanged in such a situation and who's responsible for it. But we want justice for him first and foremost."
* Sonipat Supervisor of Police said" important leads"were recovered from the crime scene. Earlier, IGP (Rohtak range) Sandeep Khirwar told ANI that a forensic platoon examined the area.
* The departed person has been linked as Lakhbir Singh, 35, a occupant of vill Cheema Khurd in Tarn Taran quarter of Punjab. Lakhbir, a Dalit, was a labourer, and his family consists of a family, a woman and three daughters.
* Nihangs at the point say that Lakhbir Singh was killed for violating the holy book Sarbloh Granth'. Singh was beaten to death and his left arm and right leg reattached, also his body was tied to a police hedge and left there to be searched.
The United Kisan Morcha condemned the attack and retreated from the payoff. It said in a press statement,". would like to clarify to both sides-the Nihang group (and) the departed-has no connection with the Kisan Morcha."He said that the lawbreakers should be penalized and offered his support to the police.
* ADGP Rohtak Sandeep Khirwar told journalists that a case of murder under IPC 302 and 34 has been registered while the posthumous is on.
* Haryana Chief Minister ML Khattar said" action will be taken". Khattar held a meeting at his hearthstone in Chandigarh to bandy the murder.
* Last time, the hand of a Punjab bobby was cut off with a brand by a Nihang Sikh, who was latterly asked for a' moment pass' during the COVID lockdown.
The association of the Karnataka doctors on Sunday went on for a statewide strike from the 29th of November the reason for the strike being the three-...
Bihar secured the first position with a gold Award at the 40th India International Trade Festival (IITF) for its excellence in display in state govern...