Kinnaur landslide (Picture credit: PTI).
A massive avalanche slammed a bus in Himachal Pradesh's Kinnaur on Wednesday, trapping at least 40 people. The debris has buried the bus bringing passengers from Kinnaur to Haridwar, as well as a few other cars.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus, which was carrying more than 30 people, was trapped in the debris, along with other cars. It's possible that a few automobiles have slipped off the road and into the Sutlej River below. The bus was travelling from Kinnaur's Reckong Peo to Haridwar.
Updates Till Now
1. At roughly 12.45 p.m., a landslide happened near Nugulsari, Kinnaur, on the Reckong Peo- Shimla Highway.
2. According to CM Thakur, the actual number of people trapped is still unknown. According to Thakur, "we have got indications that one bus and a car may have been hit; we are awaiting detailed data."
3. As of 3.45 p.m., no casualties had been recorded, although authorities believe there may be some.
4. Abid Hussain Sadiq, the district administrator, said up to 50 people were believed to be trapped and that seven had been rescued and sent to the hospital. “We are now using heavy machinery to clear the area,” he said.
5. Nine people were rescued and sent to the hospital for treatment, including the driver of one of the trapped buses.
6. A Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) bus with over 40 passengers and another with 21 passengers were stranded in the landslide on their way to Haridwar from Kinnaur.
The EX- Maharashtra Chief Minister rebuts the Uddav charge because the Central Agencies are being misused. The day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Ud...
New Delhi: The hashtag #ArrestAIIMSCulprits is spreading like wildfire on the trending page of Twitter. A video that consists of mocking Ramayan...